Best Time to Visit Fatima and Lourdes: Fatima and Lourdes are among the most renowned and awesome Marian shrines in the world, attracting several million visitors annually. It is also important to consider the best time to visit if you are planning a pilgrimage to these holy shrines. Here’s the best time to visit Fatima and Lourdes and things to do:
Here are the Best Time to Visit Fatima and Lourdes with Places
Best time to visit Fatima: You can visit Fatima in Spring April to May or autumn September to October.
Fátima experiences a Mediterranean climate characterized by warm, dry summers and mild, wet winters. The ideal season to visit is during the shoulder seasons of spring and autumn when the weather is favorable and not so many people are in the destination. You can visit it any time in any month but the best time to visit Fatima is from September to October.
Things to do in Fátima
- Visit the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima, where Our Lady appeared.
- Have Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary.
- Walk through a series of outdoor shrines that narrate the Passion of Christ – “Walk the Way of the Cross”.
- See the Chapel of the Apparitions, where the children had their visions of the Virgin Mary.
- Pray at their tomb, Francisco and Jacinta Marto, the two of the shepherd children who witnessed the apparitions.
Best time to visit Lourdes: From May-September
Lourdes enjoys a relatively mild climate with a hot summer and cool winter. Visitors should go there in summer as the weather is good, and there are many religious and cultural festivals taking place.
Things to do in Lourdes
- Go check out the Grotto of Massabielle, where Bernadette Soubirous saw the apparitions of the Virgin Mary.
- Go to the Basilica of Our Lady of Lourdes. This is a must-visit place. When go inside you’ll feel a positive vibe and wonderful architecture.
- Take healing baths at the Lourdes Grotto.
- Walk the Way of the Cross, which consists of fourteen stations that depict the Passion of Christ.
- Visit the complex of religious buildings and gardens called the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes. Many tourists like this place especially because of the good and positive vibe.
Tips to enjoy more
- Make a prior booking of your accommodation, especially if it happens to be the peak season.
- Get pilgrims pass to receive discounts and other rewards.
- Make sure to carry comfortable shoes because you will be walking a lot.
- Prepare yourself for crowds, especially during the religious holidays.
- Learn a few phrases in either Portuguese or French, depending on which shrine you are visiting.
- Ensure you respect the religious customs and traditions of the place you have traveled to.
- With a little planning, you can have an enjoyable and spiritually enhancing pilgrimage to Fatima and Lourdes.
So, these were the best time to visit Fatima and Lourdes with some additional things to do.
Follow Us on Instagram: YourFoodyJourney